This notice sets out how MK Property Photography collects and uses any data that you provide to us, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 1998.
MK Property Photography is a property marketing service business and is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
This policy was last updated on 24th May 2018.
The kind of data we may collect
- Your personal details (such as title, name, email, phone number, address and business name and address)
- Activity on our website via Google Analytics (browser, location, technology, time of visit and duration of visits)
- IP (Internet Protocol) address
- Bank payment details so we can invoice for our services
- Any communications with you either via email or in writing
How we protect your data
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect. Any data which is stored is done so via a secure encrypted cloud based server.
Our website uses a verified SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption which can be seen as a green padlock symbol in the website address bar. If you click on this icon you will see the details relating to the sites encryption.
What we do with the data we gather and how long we retain it for
We require this information to better understand your needs and to provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- To help improve our products and services
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting, using the email address which you have provided
- To allow us to effectively manage our booking system and diary for our services
- From time to time, we may contact you for market research purposes or to tell you about any new services that we have introduced that we feel may benefit you and/or your business
- We may use the information to customise our website according to your interests
- Where necessary supply to our third-party service suppliers
We retain your data for as long as we feel is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected or supplied to us by our clients.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We sometimes use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website you are visiting.
Who we may share your data with.
There are times when we need to outsource some of our services to third-party service suppliers. Details such as your name, address and contact details (email, phone number) would be required for the third-party service suppliers to undertake and complete the work effectively.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to any third party marketing agencies or businesses.
Your right to request removal of your data
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, or you would like for us to remove your data, or to request a copy of the data that is held on you, then you can write to us at the address below, email us or phone us on 01908 384 236.
MK Property Photography
Milton Keynes Business Centre,
Foxhunter Drive, Linford Wood,
Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire